This academy is designed to give educators a brief about the history, the most important blockchain concepts, the philosophy of decentralization behind blockchain, and the main discussions happening within the blockchain environment. In addition, they will learn about (potential) applications of blockchain and the impact it could have on the real world.
- To discuss and describe the history, technology, and applications of Blockchains specially in Education
- Be able to explain why we need blockchain. What is the real world problem(s) that blockchain is trying to solve
- Understand and describe how blockchain works.
- Explain the underlying technology of transactions, blocks, proof-of-work, and consensus building.
- How does blockchain exist in the public domain (decentralized, distributed) yet maintain transparency, privacy, anonymity, security, immutability, history
- Design and implement new ways of using blockchain for applications other than cryptocurrency
- Explore platforms such as Ethereum to build applications on blockchain
Agenda at a glance
|20 min||History, technology and Role of blockchain|
|60 min||Explore blockchain in education|
|30 min||Walkthrough pre-designed, systematic blockchain courses|
|60 min||How Can We Integrate blockchain in Education?|
|60 min||Design and implement new ways of using blockchain for applications other than cryptocurrency|
|30 min||Explore Ethereum to build applications on blockchain|
|60 min||Blockchain Networks|
|40 min||Reflection on Applications of block chain in Education , Task of the Day (ToD) & Q & A|
The primary audience for this session is teachers, empowering educators teaching in a variety of settings.
Recommended size for this academy is 30 educators with one trainer.
Length: Six-hours (plus a 1-hour recommended lunch)