After leading a session on Deep Learning Pedagogies at the Microsoft in Education Global Forum in Dubai, Meenakshi sat down for a deep chat with Anthony Salcito about what she has she been doing to transform the entire learning process.
Summer is here and it’s a great time to do so many things that you’ve been thinking about and never found time to do in your daily humdrum. One such thing is learning new teaching learning practices or being active on social media to learn from others and share your practices. It’s extremely important for 21st century Educators to continually upgrade their skills and knowledge to bring the best learning environments to their classroom.
15 educators in India have already taken the challenge and many more are working on it, how about you?
Here’s a challenge for all you educators out there – Play this BINGO with us!
here are the links to the above mentioned sites to help you:
Complete this BINGO, challenge at least 3 more educators to do so and Tweet about it. Tag us as you tweet about each task you complete your challenge @Depedagogics #SUMMERPDBINGO and we’ll make sure we help you build your brand as a self-motivated life-long learner!
Get set Go!
Cover the Cloud with us
Specially curated sessions for students and educators in K12 and Higher Ed covering Azure, Mobile, iOT, Minecraft and Kodu to think critically and creatively for iterating on solutions to everyday problems that the world faces today
Find the session agenda here HACKATHON 2017-18
To Train the candidates on the following topics:
- What is Azure the cloud computing Solution technology
- How to develop the Web Application on Azure Using Word Press and other similar tools.
- How to develop Mobile Application using Xamarian (for IOS and Android) or we take the approach of Responsive web site that works on All Mobile platform.
- How to work in cloud for Storing the data
- Azure SQL table
- Azure as a backup solution
- Using VM in Azure
- Kodu Game Lab and Minecraft
DURATION OF TRAINING:
1.5 Days (10 Hours total)
OUTCOMES OF THE WORKSHOP
- The Participants would be trained on the above technologies and would have Hand-on Experience
- The Participants would develop a project using a combination of the above technologies
- The Participants would develop a project in groups and showcase them to the MS SLT and folks from government
Proposed Details of the session:
WEBAPPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT USING AZURE (Hands-on session 1 and half hour)
- Introduction on cloud computing
- Basics of Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Azure Cloud computing solution technology
- Developing Sample Web Application Using Azure with WordPress
MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT USING AZURE (Hands-on session 1 and half hour)
- Introduction to Mobile Applications and Platforms (Windows, Android, iOS)
- Introduction to Xamarin Mobile App Development & App Creation Software
- Developing a sample Mobile Application Using Xamarin that works on all mobile platforms
CREATING VIRTUAL MACHINES AND DATA OPERATIONS (Hands-on session 1Hour)
- Data operations on cloud using Azure Cloud computing solution technology
- Sample Data operations on Creating a table, Blobs, Azure SQL table.
- Creating Virtual machines & Linking virtual machines for Backup Solutions
- Creating a backup solution on Azure
GAME DEVELOPMENT (Hands-on session 2Hours)
- Introduction to Kodu games
- Creating a sample game using Kodu game lab application
- Introduction to Minecraft
- Creating A World Using all tools in Minecraft
- Introduction to Minecraft Education edition.
- Creating world on Subject related concepts of (Mathematics, physics, Chemistry etc.)
INTERNET OF THINGS (Hands-on session 4Hours)
- Introduction to Internet of Things
- Introduction to Development Boards (Raspberry pi, Arduino, Node MCU)
- Installing Operating system in Development Boards
- Basic Linux commands to work with Raspbian Operating System.
- Learning Python and Embedded C Programing Language to work with Development Boards
- Working on Basic led and Buzzers.
- Creating Dashboard on Azure for IOT devices
- Working with 10 different sensors and data transmission from dash board to sensor and vice versa
- Creating a Project on Internet of Things using Azure Cloud Platform
CONNECT WITH US AT email@example.com
Second Annual Free Online OneNote Conference Encourages Integrations and Accessibility
OneNote Community is Sharing Tips and Tricks Again
It has been a year since we shared about the online community driven conference all about OneNote. With a tremendous response from OneNote fans last year, we are excited to share that the Learn OneNote Conference is open for registration again. More than 25 speakers will be sharing—via video—how they use OneNote to be productive in business and in education. These 20 to 30 minute videos dive deep into real ways you can use OneNote in the real world, shown by OneNote fans just like you. This is a free online event during the dates of November 7th to November 13th, 2017. Visit Learn OneNote Conference to register for free.
25+ OneNote MVPs, MIEEs and Avengers are leading the charge
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who organized the Learn OneNote Conference?
- This is an independent, community driven event organized by OneNote fan Jared DeCamp from Class and Office, and is sponsored by Teachercast and Flipgrid.
- What is the hashtag for the event?
- The hashtag is #LONC17
- What happens after the event?
- After the event, access to the videos will be exclusive to participants who have purchased an All Access Pass. Details for upgrading will be sent to all registrants.
- Who and what should I be following on Twitter?
- @MSOneNote—Official Microsoft OneNote account
- @OneNoteEDU—Official Microsoft OneNote in Education account
- @Jared_DeCamp—Organizer and host of this conference
- @OneNoteC—OneNote Central, Marjolein’s account with daily tips and pointers about OneNote
- @Flipgrid—Official Flipgrid account
- @mtholfsen— Product Manager on the #MicrosoftEDU team
- @TeacherCast— Host of Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Spotlight Series Podcast
- What are some important links I should check out?
One of the best e-learning events of Microsoft in Education is #HacktheClassroom
An event full of ideas, innovations, hacks and tips for learning to take place in the most meaningful manner using technology. A perfect place to learn how to empower your students for an unseen tomorrow.
Just in case you missed you can still view it here
Sharing some glimpses from the event.
Leading the way to hack the classroom is the ever-inspiring Anthony Salcito, Eve Psalti, Sonja Delafosse and Brooke Haag. You’ll hear from Alan November how he is supporting his students to become problem designers is a critical skill to tap their imagination and curiosity and how by providing a framework for developing lines of inquiry, “messy” problems can be a stepping stone to helping students learn how to design increasingly complex and creative problems.
Super inspirational Tammy Dunbar’s tech infused classroom using technology engages her students and empowering them to meet high standards. I’m a big time Tammy fan as her ways of dealing with the students are so doable and fun. You’ll be amazed to see how simply she’s engaging her students in learning and giving them voice using technology. What else can we ask for when we get to watch Tammy share the top 5 tools to support creativity and curiosity in Room 9.
There are so many more motivational MIEEXPERTs like Koen Timmers, Aaron Meyeur, Thomas Milicka and Toney Jackson to share their experiences and hacks that make their classrooms ready for tomorrow. Not-to-miss are the super inspirational stars from Renton Prep who’ll inspire you to join their cause and begin working on one yourself.
Do find time to view #hacktheclassroom and let us know your best moment
When was the last time you visited the school that gave you education? You must be wondering why should you visit your school that you had left decade (s) ago! Here’s why – because you owe it to the school.
We’ve often come across people who are unhappy about the way teaching-learning happened in their school in their and that the school continues teaching the same way. But pause here to think, what have you really done about it. Of course you do not have the time to really bring this change as bringing about a change is a slow transformative process and requires a lot of planning, dialogue, time, energy and resources and I agree. Yet we can do our small bit by pointing them in the right direction.
This post is inspired by an educator from Vietnam, TRAN THUY LINH, who went back to her and was sad to see the teaching learning process remained unchanged. She then took upon herself to reach out to MIE Trainers via Microsoft Educator Community and connected using #Skypeintheclassroom to learn from them ways to transform learning in classrooms. I salute her spirit and am happy to be her partner in her transformational journey.
If you too are inspired to do your due, please feel free to reach out and we’ll be happy to be of help.
Transformation begins with YOU!
Tech Tuesday Talk with Team De Pedagogics
We understand the challenges that schools and educators face in keeping abreast with the breadth and depth of latest in technology and use the same to make teaching and learning experiences more effective.
To address these challenges, we at De Pedagogics are happy to bring to you ‘TECH TUESDAY’; a weekly dose of 30-minute webinar/online meeting to keep you updated with what’s happening in the world of education.
Every Tuesday between 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm IST, we will bring to you Microsoft Experts from who’ll share important insights, Quick-bytes and opportunities and updates – All in 30 minutes!
Here’s the schedule:
DATE TOPIC 22nd AUGUST 2017 DIGITAL CIVILITY 29TH AUGUST 2017 CYBER SAFETY & ETTIQUETTS 5th SEPTEMBER 2017 OFFICE 365 DEPLOYEMNT - WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN 12TH SEPTEMBER 2017 WHO'S RESPONSIBLE - IT ADMIN/ IT TEACHERS 19TH SEPTEMBER 2017 DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION - A view from the Cloud 26th SEPTEMBER 2017 FOSTER CREATIVITY & CRITICAL THINKING THE MICROSOFT WAY 3rd OCTOBER 2017 BECOME A ONENOTE NINJA 10TH OCTOBER 2017 New MS Tools on the Block 17TH OCTOBER 2017 Introducing InTune for Education 24TH OCTOBER 2017 Microsoft Imagine Academy 31st OCTOBER 2017 Get into the Game
Leave us a your email id in the comment box and we’ll share the web link with you (No costs involved).
Learn more to do more!
Team De Pedagogics
The United Nations is dedicated to promoting cooperation and collaboration at local and global levels, which means it’s fundamentally aligned with what we hope to achieve in modern education.
It is our sincere effort that with this campaign we support teaching of the World’s Largest Lesson to educate and engage learners so that they support the SDGs and turn their ideas and thoughts into action. The aim is to connect students with this ambitious global plan and to encourage their support for it. They can take action in support of the Goals at local and global levels. We believe that teachers of our world together have the power to make achieving these global goals a reality.
You can also set up action projects for the Global Goals that take a day, a week or longer. Join us on 11th August 2017, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm India time to know more about this global project – #ITEACHSDG #MSFTEDU
Register here –
Curriculum & Content Development
With the belief that curriculum development is a key process in determining the quality of learning and teaching, we design and develop responsive and reflective curriculum and professional learning solutions for deep changes in school wide thinking and practice. The focus of our design lies in creating student-led inquiry-based learning environments integrating new pedagogy and technology in education. We work with leading schools in Gurgaon and Delhi in their path to transition and to transform the way we teach and learn. Currently we are also working on designing curriculum and content for launching two schools, a pre-school in Delhi and an international in Gurgaon, in the coming session. We provide leadership for the Curriculum and Professional Development (CPD) programs. This includes the planning, development and production of curriculum processes, practices and policies that are evaluated and acknowledged to be highly effective in improving student outcomes. We begin with the review/assessment of current curriculum to ensure that course/program is meeting intended objectives and requirements post which evaluations and data is used to make recommendations for how to improve and edit curricula. A team of teachers from the school then form the core group who work closely with us to learn best practices in curriculum writing through research, professional development, and other learning opportunities. This core team under our guidance hosts effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the school, program evaluation outcomes, and input from teachers and others.
The main purpose of the process is to translate broad statements of intent(IB PYP and CBSE Accreditation, CBSE affiliation, CBSE CCE implementation & CCSS ELA) into specific plans and actions.
The process of Curriculum Development has following stages:
- Understanding the (Intent) Stage
- Planning Stage
o Content framework
o Horizontal & vertical alignment and planning,
o Defining approaches, processes and policies
o Identifying Learning Outcomes
o Aligning assessment – tools & strategies
- Implementation Stage
- Reflection & Review Stage
Students are at the heart of curriculum and our best intent is to develop student-led program with where students receive integrated, coherent learning experiences that contribute towards their personal, academic and professional learning and development.
Curriculum Development Alliances
- Currently working as a curriculum consultant and professional learning expert for Sanskar School, Jaipur to develop PYP program in school
- Currently working towards Curriculum Development as a part of SQAA for Blue Bells Group of Schools Gurgaon
- Designing Curriculum and developing content for 2 new schools to be launched in the coming year
- Worked towards Curriculum Development, Strategic Planning and Teacher Empowerment with The Heritage School-Gurgaon; Blue Bells Group of Schools Gurgaon & Royal Oak International School Gurgaon
- Developing Thematic Learning Program based on inquiry & experiential learning
(Grades Nur-3 at The Heritage School-Gurgaon)
- Developing Language Program based on Common Core State Standards English Language Arts
(Grades Nur-3 at The Heritage School-Gurgaon)
- Developing school-wide(Junior School) Authentic Assessment and Reporting System
(Grades Nur-3 at The Heritage School-Gurgaon)
The campaign aims to equip you with relevant information and tools to enable you to take part in the World’s Largest Lesson, to teach people about the Sustainable Development Goals and to enthuse you to create and share your own learning resources in order to do so
For an introduction to the SDGs, you could join our webinar on 11th August 2017; 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm India time.
Register here –
In September 2015, world leaders agreed to 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development which could mean an end to extreme poverty, inequalities and climate change by 2030. The Sustainable Development Goals follow the Millennium Development Goals. Each of the 17 Goals are broken down into targets which both explain the Goal and will help in focusing efforts. A target is an action – a specific, measurable and time-bound outcome which contributes directly to reaching a goal.
What can you do
You may have to invite your colleagues to this webinar and plan a transdisciplinary project plan and motivate them to join the ‘task force’ on the goals. Join us to be a part of World's Largest Plan.