Participants will spend the day getting familiar about the many tools Microsoft has to offer students and teachers and. Teachers will reflect and create a customized toolkit of resources to increase engagement, efficiency and develop modern skills for a global classroom/society.
Throughout the day participants will engage in a series of immersive learning activities that will build a strong understanding of how to use technology to improve instruction and meet the learning needs of their students.
Note: This is an introductory course intended to expose teachers to Microsoft offerings for education. This is not a deep-dive instruction into any one tool.
- Provide exposure to the many Microsoft technologies and resources that support student-centered learning
- Experience hands-on activities and participate in best practice conversations for innovating teaching with Microsoft tools
- Develop resources to use with students and colleagues
The primary audience for this session is teachers, empowering educators teaching in a variety of settings.
- Grades 1-12
- All subjects/content areas
- Professional Learning Communities
- Teacher Professional Development
Recommended size for this academy is 30 educators with one trainer.
Length: 6 hours (plus a 1-hour recommended lunch)
Agenda at a glance
|35 min||Introduction to Microsoft Teams|
|25 min||Survey and assess student learning using Microsoft Forms|
|30 min||Digital storytelling with Microsoft Sway|
|45 min||Accessibility in Office 365|
|30 min||Building capacity with the Microsoft Educator Community|
|60 min||Lunch & virtual walk through of use case|
|60 min||Sharing and Collaborating with OneDrive, OneNote & Office tools|
|30 min||Introduction to Minecraft EE|
|60 min||Overview of AI at Play in Microsoft Tools & apps for education|
|15 min||Reflection, wrap up, and next steps|