Minecraft: Education Edition is an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination. Spatial thinking and pixel art in Minecraft create an excellent opportunity for students to work on mathematics and visual arts objectives in an engaging environment. Minecraft world set up as a blank canvas for students to engage in creative expression. This session aims at providingeducators and students an opportunity to understand and explore basic Minecraft features in a collaborative environment and get an introductory experience with coding in Minecraft under the able guidance of Minecraft Global Mentor and Minecraft Trainers.
- Download Minecraft Education Edition
- Windows 10 device or macOS, and iPad devices
- Participants explore how Minecraft: Education Edition supports students in collaborating, creating, and thinking critically.
- Participants consider the benefits of game-based learning when crafting learning experiences for students.
- Participants reflect on opportunities in their own classrooms for infusing learning experiences with play.
- Teacher Professional Development
- Students (Grade 5 onwards)
Recommended size for this academy is 30 educators with one trainer.
Agenda at a glance
|8:30 am – 9:00||Arrival & Registration|
|9:00 am – 11:30 am||Welcome Note Introduction to Minecraft in Education Guided walk through the MINECRAFT|
|11:30 am – 12:30 pm||Collaborative Project work Culminating activity & sharing of Minecraft world created by participants|
|12:30 pm – 1:00 pm||LUNCH|
|1:00 pm – 2:30 pm||Coding in Minecraft AI in Education|
|2:30 am – 3:00 pm||Closing note and photo session|